Yes – we do sell Maddox Anodes. That is because we strongly believe in the importance of protecting your investment. As a shipwright I have all too often seen the damage caused by incorrect or insufficient cathodic protection within the bonding system of the vessel.
I am able to offer you a Cathodic Protection Survey which will test your vessels bonding system.
The objective is to:
- Confirm cathodic protection across all submerged metals with respect to the recommended ranges for protection listed in ABYC E-2.
- Minimise growth of weed and barnacle recruitment
- Extend the life of anodes
- Extend the life of hull and drive line coatings
- Minimise costs of ongoing maintenance and repair
- Reduce paint blasting
Depending on if you vessel is in or out of the water the following can be assessed:
Out of water:
- all underwater submerged metal
- hull and drive coatings
- anode placement and condition
- internal bonding system and connections
- electrical conductivity across bonding system
- anode connection to bonding system
- integrity of bonding system and connections
- Cathodic protection test using Half- cell reference electrode and in accordance with ABYC directives.
- Test and record the combined mV reading of bonded circuit, anode and through hull fittings.
- Test and record the mV potential of individual submerged metals independent to the anode
Regular inspection and maintenance is recommended in every instance. To arrange a survey please contact us.